Okay, I have a confession that is a VERY unpopular opinion. I don’t like pizza.
Its not that I like hate it, but it is not a food that I would ever crave really. But, I do love caprese and french bread, thus the Caprese French Bread ‘Pizza’ was born.
This is a super simple weeknight recipe to serve with a big green salad and voila!
What You’ll Need:
1 loaf of french bread cut into sixths
1 log of skim milk mozzarella
2 tomatoes on the vine or Roma tomatoes
Basil (to taste)
Balsamic glaze (optional)
What You’ll Do:
1. Put oven on broil, or preheat to about 500 Fahrenheit
2. Take a loaf of french bread and cut into thirds. Then, cut each third in half lengthwise.
3. Layer on mozzarella and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and bread is firm and crispy.
4. Place sliced tomatoes on top of cheese and then layer on fresh basil.
5. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
What You’ll Need to Know:
So, for this post I made two pizzas at once and was like oh I’ll just have the other for lunch tomorrow, which was a great idea in theory. These delicious treats don’t reheat well, so I would suggest just making one at a time. Also, these are SO delicious and fulfilled all of my carby, Italian cravings and have less than 10 weight watchers points.
Whats your favorite weeknight dish?