The other day I picked up some shrimp at Trader Joe’s and was CRAVING them that night and thought up this super simple shrimp scampi dish. My dad LOVED it so much he’s already requesting we have it again next week.
What You’ll Need:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon capers
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons basil
2 cups spinach
2 tablespoons garlic
2.5 cups medium shirmp
3 – 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 box of protein plus angel hair
What You’ll Do:
1. In a colander, defrost shrimp. Begin to prepare pasta adding in about a tablespoon of salt to the water.
2. In a saucepan combine all of the spinach and half a tablespoon of olive oil to cook it down.
3. When the pasta is almost al dente, drain the water out and keep about two tablespoons in reserve to add to the mixture later.
4. Add in cooked spinach, pasta, sundried tomatoes, butter, shrimp, basil, remainder of olive oil, lemon juice, and capers.
5. Combine thoroughly and slowly mix in reserved pasta water.
6. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
What You’ll Need to Know:
The biggest takeaway for me is that the amount of lemon juice you add in is TOTALLY up to you. I love acidic things like lemon juice and vinegar so I was like the more the merrier. My mom, on the other hand, doesn’t love those flavors as much as I do so I added in a couple of tablespoons to the mixture and then topped my plate with a little extra juice. Everyone LOVED this meal and we will be making it again, VERY soon.
How do you like to eat your shrimp??