I was a huge sweet fiend in college, especially when I lived in my sorority house. So, one year I gave up sweets for lent and kicked the habit. BUUUUT, it’s been creeping up lately.
I tend to have a glass of wine before bed every night, but when I don’t I need something sweet.
Enter these relatively guilt-free chocolate chip banana muffins.
Once again, my mom is the odd man out and hates all things bananas. The rest of us though are obsessed and these muffins are gone in about 5 days!
What You’ll Need:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon soy milk
1 tablespoon burbon vanilla
1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup honey
What You’ll Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the baking soda, flour and salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix together bananas, melted coconut oil, egg, honey, milk, vanilla, and yogurt.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
5. Gently add in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
What You’ll Need to Know:
I divided the steps up into several parts, but don’t let it fool you – this recipe is seriously so easy. Basically you just dump everything and mix it together. My recommendation for the wet ingredients is to use a KitchenAid, a hand mixer, or a blender to make the bananas very fine. If you love chocolate chips you can add more or skip the step all together. These guys are best served warm and I highly recommend popping them in a plastic bag after they have had a few minutes to cool so that they will stay super moist.
Nutrition Facts: 150 calories, 4.4g fat, 29g carb, 4.9g protein
If you’re like me and you just have to reach for something sweet, these are a great alternative to something higher in fat.
Or, you could skip the desert all together and go straight to glass of wine like I like to do 🙂
What’s your late night must have?